Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Super Secret Project


(Credit, iStockphoto)

I have a creative project I want to work on and it scares the heck out of me!  Which is my first clue that it's something I should pursue, right?  I want to do things that scare me.  My goal is to work on it for at least an hour a day.  I am posting it here so that I will be accountable and it will push me to follow through. 

I figure the more uncomfortable I am, the more progress I will make.

The thing that scares me the most about this project is that I have to reach out to people I don't know and ask for them to share information about themselves with me.  What reason would they have to do this besides the fact that I am asking?  And then if I don't keep going and turn this into something, they might be disappointed.  So, in a way, reaching out makes it more real, gives it some gravity, and scares the heck out of me!

What if I can't follow through...

I will post regular status updates on how I am doing and the level of scary I was able to reach. 

Have you ever done anything that just scared the heck out of you?  How did it turn out?  Were you glad you did it?

No comments:

Post a Comment